Sunday, November 13, 2011

It's worth every minute


Hearing from the family members of sailors deployed to the USS George HW Bush gives me courage to continue seeking media outlets that might print the story. I never intended to offend anyone, I only wanted to be a voice for all the sailors. When I learned that many sailors felt as if no one cared, I had to do something to show I cared enough for them all.

I stay up late every night and wake each morning long before my alarm sounds to check the status of toilets. I can hardly believe how many hours I have devoted to investigation, research and composition.

Hearing from my son that he can access the heads and that they all seem to be working is like a gift to me. The highlight, so far has been reading that his ship mates are grateful. I never started this for gratitude. It is just the right thing to do.

Go Navy!